Last week we received a really fun request from a producer at Versus: would we craft five questions to be asked of a popular on-air television personality, ‘The Daily Line’s’ Jenn Sterger? It’s the offseason, so why not have a little fun with the NHL’s American television broadcast partner. If you’re not a Daily Line viewer, Jenn Sterger is, shall we say, easy on the puckhead eyes.
So, we crafted and submitted, then wondered, as some days passed without hearing back from the TV outlet, if we’d had a little too much fun with the crafting. But earlier today we learned that three of our five questions made their way to Jenn, and she answered all right — well, three of them anyway.
To satisfy your curiosity, we submitted these five queries:
(1) What first date would you more enjoy — attending a Moscow discotheque with Alexander Ovechkin or playing miniature golf with Carmilo Villegas?
(2) You’re in D.C. next June covering the U.S. Open at Congressional, and it’s late in the day and you’re grabbing a drink at the 19th hole. You see Tiger Woods approach you. Do you finish your drink (it was expensive) or run for cover?
(3) ‘Kissing Suzy Kolber‘ is one of our favorite blog names, and it’s a great site, too. What gerund ought to procede your name for a butt-kicking cool site?
(4) Jenn, this is a direct quote from Washington Capitals’ goalie Semyon Varlamov: “You know, I’m extremely fortunate that I met a Russian girl in America. It’s difficult to look at a lot of the local women. You get the feeling that just don’t take care of themselves! There are an awful lot of heavyset ones. But Russian girls have nice trim figures. I couldn’t imagine myself being with an American girl.” Care to rebut?
(5) Movie-in date night — ‘Pretty Woman’ with popcorn or ‘Slapshot’ with a six-pack?
‘The Daily Line’ will air tonight after game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals. We can only hope for similarly arduous interview assignments in the future.
Sorry but Jenn Sterger does not know dip about hockey. Not my favorite personality to come from my alma mater Florida State – a bunch of hot air, literally.
Ovie and I at a Moscow disco on a first date? Be still my beating heart! Of course in my dreams there have to be second and third dates and more to follow. What to do next? I have some great ideas but I don’t dare post them here LOL!
My wife definitely just lost all remaining respect for this blog.
On a related note, I’ve lost respect for your wife and even moreso for you, Christopher.
Hope the two of you don’t fall off that high horse and get hurt.
We had fun bantering around ideas for these questions, and we appreciate Versus reaching out to us.
For your sake @ Christopher, I hope your wife lightens up.
Sheesh, I hope it wasn’t anything I said. Aren’t we allowed a little levity now and then? Or does everything have to have the cosmic weight of Shakespeare or a Greek tragedy?
I’m with you, Ovietracker… let’s enjoy some levity since it’s Caps’ offseason, eh?