The Washington Capitals will revel in retro this season: 16 away games will have the Caps in white throwback jerseys, with red pants and white helmets.
Per the Caps’ press release, here are the opponents who will see the old-school look… one can only hope that those teams with throwback sweaters of their own will follow suit (apologies for the pun). It would be great to see the Devils in their old pizza-box unis, the Habs rocking the stripes, and so cool if the Jets break out their original kit.
- Saturday, Nov. 26 at Buffalo Sabres 7 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 23 at New Jersey Devils 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 18 at Montreal Canadiens 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 20 at Carolina Hurricanes 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 22 at Pittsburgh Penguins 3 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 4 at Montreal Canadiens 2 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 12 at New York Rangers 3 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 20 at Carolina Hurricanes 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 25 at Toronto Maple Leafs 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 10 at Boston Bruins 1 p.m.
- Friday, March 16 at Winnipeg Jets 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 18 at Chicago Blackhawks 6 p.m.
- Monday, March 19 at Detroit Red Wings 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 22 at Philadelphia Flyers 7 p.m.
- Monday, April 2 at Tampa Bay Lightning 7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 7 at New York Rangers 3 p.m.