Per the Washington Capitals press release:
The Washington Capitals have released their official iPhone application, which was built in conjunction with Advanced Mobile Solutions Worldwide and currently is available at the Apple iTunes App Store: Washington Capitals iPhone App (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/washington-capitals-mobile/id366662198?mt=8). This is the first of a suite of smartphone applications that will be released by the Capitals with Android and Blackberry platforms available in the near future.
The iPhone application includes a host of interactive features that enables Caps fans to follow the team while on-the-go:
• Game Day – comprehensive coverage throughout the day of a game: a preview of the opponent, live stats as the game unfolds and the postgame notebook as well as the schedule, results and stats from the prior game
• Team – up-to-date stats for everyone on the Capitals’ roster, images of the players and current division and conference standings
• Media – numerous photo galleries and options to listen to episodes of Capitals Report and PreCap
• News – breaking news and the latest articles and information about the team
• Tickets – special ticket offers, ability to purchase single-game tickets and view the Verizon Center seating chart
• Fan Zone – interact with the Caps on the team’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Flickr pages. Sign up for Ice Chips, the official, weekly e-newsletter of the Washington Capitals
Fans who purchase the Washington Capitals iPhone application will get the latest updates regarding upcoming Capitals mobile opportunities as they are developed.