This past Monday, the Capitals held their “Select-A-Seat” event. Season ticket holders had the opportunity to upgrade or relocte their current seats to available locations designated by a sheet of paper attached to the back of the seat.
Attendees were warned that availability was extremely limited and they expected fewer than 300 seats to be available for upgrade/relocation. To make sure no one was wasting their time, they listed what was NOT available.
- VIP rows A & B (Sold Out of season ticket inventory)
- Center Preferred – 100,101,110,111,112, 121(Sold Out of season ticket inventory)
- Lower Preferred – 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 (attack twice side) (Sold Out of season ticket inventory)
- All Loge sections – 104 thru 107 and 115 thru 118 (Sold Out of season ticket inventory)
- All Mezzanine Corners – 403, 404, 413, 414, 420, 421, 430, 431 (Sold Out of season ticket inventory)
- All Mezzanine Goal Zones (rows M thru Q) – 424, 425, 426, 427 (Sold Out of season ticket inventory)
- Throughout the 400 level there will be extremely limited availability in rows lower than Row G.
I am quite happy with my current location but wanted to see the limited inventory for myself. The result was quite stunning. There may have been more Capitals reps in the seating section than there were seats with taped sheets. One Caps employee told me that they are now basically doing work for Washington Sports and Entertainment, since the only way to buy Caps tickets is to buy seats in the Acela Club section. (As a bonus, you get Wizards tickets, too!)
Here are some pictures I took during the event. Except for a few seats in the 100s, you have to look way up near the last row of the upper deck: